25 01 2012
Top Ten Tips to Write Articles that Will Get Published
This free way to promote or publicize your book or business online will be successfull if you follow these tips:
1. Open your short introduction with a hook. Connect with your audience with where they are now. Ask a few questions in just a few sentences to pull them in.
2. Include a benefit or two for following your how-to suggestions, your solutions, or tips.
3. Make all of your paragraphs less than three or four sentences. People online will turn away when they see a long paragraph. They want their information short and useful.
4. Write an article that serves your audience, not you. When they see your ideas and how to’s, they will respect your as the savvy expert, and be more likely to look at your signature file and even visit your web site.
5. Write a number of solutions for a particular problem. Online readers want numbered tips or how to’s. This format is easy to read and gives a lot of specific information fast.
6. Write a tip with a consistent format. Start each tip with a command–do this. Follow it by the advantages of doing that action or show the consequences of not doing it. In your third point include some resources such as books to read, teleclasses to attend, or web sites to visit.
7. Leverage each article to make two or more new ones with little effort.. “Three Promotion Tips for Small Business People” or “Three Promotion Tips for Authors,” or “Three Traditional Promotion Tips” or “Three Online Promotion Tips.” The possibilities are endless.
8. Focus on only one topic per articles. If you don’t your article will wander around and your reader will wander away.
9. Include under each article a 5-7 line signature file. Include your name, your concept-marketing tag, your web and email, and your local and toll-free number. 80% of sales are made from the 800 numbers. Always include one free offer to draw people to your web site.
10. End your article with another three or four line conclusion repeating the benefits and great results you’ll get if you follow the article’s tips.
When you write a thoughtful article, you will get noticed and realize not only new free targeted visitors to your site, but sell much more of your products and services.
Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small business people who want to make a difference in people’s lives, build their credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Author of 10 eBooks including “Write your eBook Fast,” “How to Market your Business on the Internet,” and “Create your Web Site With Marketing Pizzazz,” she offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, “The Book Coach Says…” and “Business Tip of the Month” at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 155 free articles. Email her at mailto:Judy@bookcoaching.com.