15 03 2012
20 Ways to Increase Web$ite Traffic and $ales with eBooks
Here’s a fast, easy list for you. Use it as checklist to
see what you need to do to increase traffic. Or use it as a
review list if you have already been working on improving
your website traffic. It will help you find ways that you
might have known or forgotten.
1. People love to receive free or win free stuff, whether
they really need it or want it. A free eBook is perfect to
satisfy those needs over the Internet. They will visit your
website to get the free valuable information.
2. Give away the full version of your eBook in exchange for
testimonials. You can use these customer statements to
improve your ads’ effectiveness.
3. When you create an eBook, you change your image to
“Expert.” This will gain people’s trust and they will buy
your main product or service quicker.
4. Publish your website in eBook format. Put the eBook on a
disk or CD-ROM then include it with your direct mail
packages. This can increase the number of people that buy
your product or service.
5. Offer your eBook as a free bonus for buying one of your
main products or services. People will buy the product or
service more often when you offer a free bonus.
6. Allow people to download your free eBook, if they give
the e-mail addresses of 3 to 5 friends or associates that
would be interested in your eBook. This will quickly build
your e-mail list.
7. Create a directory of websites in eBook form. List
peoples websites in the directory that will agree to
advertise the eBook on their website or e-zine (electronic
newsletter). This will give them an incentive to give away
or advertise your eBook.
8. Allow other people to give away your free eBook. This
will increase the number of people that will see your ad in
the eBook. You could also include a mini catalog of all your
product or services that you offer in the eBook.
9. Gain new leads by having people sign up and give you
their contact information before they can download your
eBook. This is a very effective way to conduct market
10. Make money selling advertising space in your eBook. You
could charge for full-page color ads, classified ads or
banners ads. You could also trade advertising space in your
eBook for other forms of advertising.
11. Give away the eBook as a gift to your current customers
as a way of letting them know you appreciate their business.
Place an ad in the eBook for a new back end product you are
12. Get free advertising by submitting your eBook to freebie
and freeware/shareware websites. This will increase the
number of people that will download your eBook and see your
13. Make money by selling the reprint rights to those that
would like to sell the eBook. You could also make even more
money by selling the master rights. This would allow other
people to sell the reprint rights.
14. Hold a contest on your website so people can win your
eBook. You will get free advertising by submitting your
contest ad to free contest or sweepstakes directories. Just
make sure you publicize the winner’s information — they
love the acknowledgment.
15. You will gain valuable referrals from people telling
others about your eBook. Word of mouth advertising can be
16. Make money cross promoting your eBook with other
people’s products or services. This technique doubles your
marketing effort without spending more time and money on
17. Increase your e-zine subscribers by giving away your
eBook to people that subscribe to your e-zine. This will
give people an incentive to subscribe. Allow your e-zine
subscribers to also give it away to multiply your
18. Give away the eBook to people that join your affiliate
program. This will increase the number of people that
subscribe. You could also create an eBook for them to use
that will help them promote your product or service.
19. Give away the eBook in exchange for people leaving their
contact information. This will help you follow-up with the
prospects that buy your main product or service.
20. Offer a free eBook that contains a couple of sample
chapters. If they like it, give them the option of ordering
the full version. It would work just like a software demo or
You will want to print this list and keep it in your website
improvement file if you aren’t quite ready. Or add it to
your planning list.